Saturday, February 5, 2011

Crossroads

Continuing my series on enjoying the journey of life right where we are at.... If you want to start at the beginning, you can read this post, this one, and this one.


I'll be honest, when we felt like we had finally come into agreement and heard what the Lord was telling us to do, which was go back to PA, focus on your family, and plant roots, I was not thrilled. Okay, I was thankful that God had made Himself clear, very thankful for that. But not so sure about the rest.

Didn't we just give up everything, to move to NC, to become trained, so that we could finally become missionaries??? Didn't we sell the house in PA, sacrifice so much, say good bye to careers, to friends, family and so much more? Didn't we do ALL that so that we could be missionaries?

I didn't get it.

Truthfully, I still don't get it.

Pic courtesy of morguefile.com
Image URL:
 But, I'm stubborn. And so is my husband. When God says to do something, even if we don't understand it, get it, agree with it (completely), or want to do it .... we will do it. Because, He sees the other side of Heaven. He gets it. He knows better.

For me, after I've figured it out and heard what we are to do, I tend to find myself standing at the crossroads. I'm gonna say this next part that may throw some of you off a bit... so prepare yourself. When I am standing at the crossroads, I am all by myself. No one is with me. It's just me and the free will that the Good Lord has given me and in my mind that is it.

My crossroads are always simple. A great life altering decision has been made and I get to choose what to do with that decision. Will I choose the path that walks in joy or the path that walks in works and slavery? Works and slavery is when you do what your told to do only because you have to. You believe you are obligated (out of the respect and understanding that He knows better) to do what He says, but you don't really want to do it.

Since life tends to have many major decisions in it, I have found myself standing at those crossroads many, many times. Oh, and I have certainly chosen the difficult, unfortunate path of works and slavery. For the record, its not fun. Nope, not at all.

Up next..... My choice

No comments:

Post a Comment