Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Plant Roots"

Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything
 1 There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:
 2 a time to be born and a time to die,
   a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
   a time to tear down and a time to build,
 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
   a time to mourn and a time to dance,
 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
   a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
 6 a time to search and a time to give up,
   a time to keep and a time to throw away,
 7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
   a time to be silent and a time to speak,
 8 a time to love and a time to hate,
   a time for war and a time for peace.

Pay close attention to line 2, "a time to be born and time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot."

Most of you know this about me but just in case you don't, here it is. I was born to do missions. Even before I knew the Lord, I wanted to travel the world and help people. I have a burning desire to love people of all different nations and to just plain help.

Jesus is in our lives. My husband has done the whole bible school thing. You'd think we are all set and ready to go... right?

Wrong.

Instead, we are out in the quiet country side, all by ourselves, raising a brood of boys.

This wasn't in my "plan."

But it was in His. For over a year and half, my husband and I got down and dirty with the Lord. "Where should we go, Lord? What do You want us to do? Tell us God, we will do anything, anything."

Focus on your family and plant roots. Over and over again, that is what we heard. That was it.

I tend to chuckle when I think about how long we prayed and discussed and sought council on this one. "Focus on your family," that wasn't so hard for me to hear. But, "plant roots?" Are you serious? That can't be God.

Especially when we finally figured out where we were supposed to plant those roots...

Coming up .... The Crossroads

No comments:

Post a Comment