Monday, January 31, 2011

Country Livin

I began my series on how I am learning to Enjoy the Journey, the other day, with Green Acres is the Place to Be, you can find that post here.

When we last left off, I had told you that my teenage dreams included city living. Soon you will learn that my young adult years revealed what was already growing in my heart, I am supposed to do missions work. Yet, I am not doing either. So.....

Did I give up on my dreams of city living? Have I compromised who I am? Or did I just give in and give up?

These are questions I ask myself alot. I told you I was a big thinker. The good thing is, when I am thinking, I am asking God. The Bible tells us to take everything to Him. It also tells us to pray continuously. For me, praying is a conversation. It's a time that God and I can work through things.

Pic courtesy of morguefile.com
Image URL:
I love the fact that He is bigger then me. I love the fact that He sees the entire picture, this and that side of Heaven. I am limited. I see only this side of Heaven. When I feel as though the Lord is telling me to do something that wasn't in my plan, I have to trust Him. Because He sees it all. He gets it.

Country living wasn't my first choice in life. We've discussed that already. Yet, it WAS what was right for my family.

Let's establish something, when it comes to parenthood, many of us "take one for the team." We place our own ideas, our own dreams on the back burner for what is right for our families. That is good. That is right. But do we do it with the right heart? Or do we do it kicking, screaming, and blaming our spouses or children for not getting what we had wanted.

Just so we are all aware of this.... I'm not perfect and I do kick and scream.

Years ago, I made a choice that I wanted to enjoy what I had, where I had it, when I had it. I didn't want to get to the end of life and have tons of regrets. On top of that, I didn't want to walk around miserable. I wanted to have true joy.

Listen, God has strategically placed turns, curves, go back two spaces, and much more in the path of life. It's up to us on how we handle them. It's our choice.

Stay tuned for part 3, as I discuss "planting roots."

No comments:

Post a Comment