Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Daffodils, Crocuses, and Sunshine

I love every season of the year. When we moved back to PA, I seriously was looking forward to a long and snowy winter. I was dreaming of hot cocoa, kids sledding, warm cookies in the oven, snuggling up with my little boys and so much more. Winter came, it was fun, and I'm glad it's over. When fall hits, I'll be looking forward to it all over again. I'll dream about soups to make, candles to light, blankets to crawl under, and the kiddos in feet pajamas.

SPRING... sweet spring has arrived. I am thankful for sunshine, budding flowers, longer evenings, hiking, and sending the boys out to play! Most of all, when spring hits I begin to clean. Not just in the house but in my heart. I inhale deeply as I walk, I bask in the sun for a few moments, I make the kids do school work outside, and I dream again!

I dream about the projects we are going to work on, the people we are going to love on, the day trips or mini vacations we are going to embark on. I think spring should have a nickname of HOPE. For me, when spring hits, hope returns in my heart with a vengeance. I become reminded of why we are here, what our purpose is, what our dreams are, who we are and so much more.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I can't imagine I am? What happens to you when spring arrives?

No comments:

Post a Comment