Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sitting in my PJ's on a Sunday Morninng

Yesterday we had the privilege of helping to coordinate a friend's birthday party. His wife seemed to have fun planning a Latin American food themed get together. Ooohh, we baked up some goodies including tostados, taco soup, quesadillas, guacamole, mango salsa, and sooo much more.

After the festivities, I realized that Saturday night service was only a mere 1 hour or so away from starting. And since we were at the church, I figured that the kiddos and I would stay. While I'll spare you the ramblings of a mad mother, I just tend to not handle doing things like church or other extra curricular activities with the three kids alone very well, especially when I am tired. So, when the "Little General" let out an ear piercing scream in the middle of service and would not be consoled unless he could run around, I gathered the rest of my children up and left. Bugger...

It's Sunday morning, the dishes are piled high, the kitchen floor looks like someone just literally ate off of it all week long, the laundry is behind, the bathroom needs another coat of primer on it before we put the real paint on tomorrow, the hubs is working his 12 hour shift, and I.... well, I declared a  JAMMIE Day!

Of course in a few hours, when I've somehow managed to find a trace of energy, I will round up the troops and clean, clean, clean. Because tomorrow is Monday and we will be back to the grind of school work, house renovations, chores, and more.

In the meantime, enjoy your Sunday friends! I'm off to take a morning nap, since the youngest of the fam is down!

No comments:

Post a Comment