Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Changed By Faith


When I decided to really start blogging again, I also made a decision to start reading more. I don't know about the rest of you moms out there, however I have such a hard time actually finishing a book. It has a lot to do with the type of books I read. I really only read maybe 1 to 2 fiction books a year. I tend to read a lot of books on growth in the Lord, homeschooling, growing gardens, and many more educational reads. Occasionally, I'll pick up an autobiography and drink it down in one gulp.

So in order to make myself actually finish the entire book AND process my thoughts on it, I decided to start reviewing books! You may laugh out loud here if you'd like.

However, here is my very first book review.

Changed By Faith
Written by Luis Palau with Jay Fordice

This book takes you on a journey that begins with "Expect More" and ends with "Getting to the end of Ourselves." Just because I'm sitting out in the countryside does not mean that my revolutionary, save the world heart does not still beat. This book only fuels that fire!

A few quotes....

"I'm talking about a life that is worth living - and a faith that doesn't disappoint."

"We go to church; we believe that the Bible is true: we've been to Sunday school; and we have the right answers and can cite the right verses; but in many ways we have become lethargic, pew-sitting believers."

"The world will wear you down, no question. And if you don't see the whole picture, if you don't understand your full reason for existence - the true reality of Jesus' impact on your life today - you are sure to come to ruin quickly."

"God was trying to tell Moses, that I don't need a pretty bush or an educated bush or an eloquent bush. Any old bush will do, as long as I am in the bush. If I am going to use you, I am going to use you. It will not be you doing something for me, but me doing something through you."

Needless to say, the book was chock full of good, meaty stuff. The kind that make you think and ask God, "where are we at, Lord?"

Now, I don't like to just randomly recommend things to people. So, my thoughts are this. If you are looking to be challenged in where you are with your own relationship with God, this book may be for you. If you find that you enjoy picking one or two meaty books a year and the rest are for entertainment, then this book just might be for you. If you desire an on fire for God sort of life and you want something that will pour a little fuel on that fire, then this book may just be for you.


Tyndale Publishing graciously provided the book for me to review... while I am always into expanding my literal library, if you are truly interested in reading this book, I'd love to share and pass it on! Leave a comment for me and I'll send it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment