Sunday, February 27, 2011

Getting My Head in the Game Today

Pic courtesy of morguefile.com
Image URL:
My husband and I text all the time. Seriously, we talk through the day back and forth, back and forth on our phones. He at work, me at home. We tell each other little snippets of what is going on, how we are. When I wake up in the morning, I usually get a good morning text from him.

I really love my man.

C: Morning my love....

Me: I really, really miss you today...

C: I'm with you. I'll be around lots after today. What r ur plans today?

Me:  Maintain my sanity... Work hard at enjoying my children...Put all my selfish desires aside.... Other then that, I don't know.

My husband works a rotating shift of 12 hours a day. He leaves before the kiddos get up in the morning and returns home when they've just gotten in bed. This job also requires him to work every other weekend.

I have such respect and admiration for single moms. I don't know how you do it....

Pic courtesy of www.morguefile.com
Image URL:
I love my husband. I love that he and I are a team, that we work together. I love that he compliments me and I him. I love that where I lack, he is strong.

We have small fevers, snotty noses, and sore throats in our house today. Originally, we had church, lunch with friends, and a baby shower on the docket for the day. Mostly all things that I was looking forward to personally.

This is where I'm trying to get my head into the game. Keeping it real here... This is where I'm trying to figure out the difference between complaining and my own selfish desires versus looking at the day and finding joy in it.

I'd like to go to bed satisfied tonight, knowing that I really gave my best.

1 comment: