Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Starting Over


Page URL:

I've blogged for almost 5 years now. I've loved it and felt it to be quite a good experience in sharing the depths of my heart. My biggest problem tended to be that I used it more like a conversation with a girlfriend. Except that when my life got difficult I didn't want to share with the rest of the world what I would share with a chosen friend or two.

And life IS difficult.

So, I stopped writing. Add a new baby into the mix, a state to state move into a house that needs more renovations then I ever planned, homeschooling two bouncy boys, and my ever churning thought processes on life, it just seemed that I couldn't sit down and put my thoughts to paper.

I took a long leave of absence. In that time, I've prayed alot about what I want to write about. You see, I've been given a gift. My last name means "scribe." And while I married into that last name, I know that God had it all planned out. I'm supposed to write. It's one of the very things that I was created to do on this earth.

I'll use my last blog as a book for my children someday. I will print it, I will bind it, and I will pass it on to my children and my children's children. That blogs time has come to an end. I need to start over. Something fresh and new.

I've titled this entire blog, Enjoy the Journey again. There is a massive reason for that. My husband says that I think too much. He tells me that he would like to put one of "my gerbils" into a permanent sleep. I think, I ponder, I dig deep, I get to the root of things. Often times then not, I find myself somewhat melancholy. This leads to frustration, which leads to a bit of anxiety, and that often leads to an unhappy home.

But living this life isn't a means to an end. There is so much to discover, so much to learn, so much to build upon. If I spend my days sour and grumpy, tired and too deep, I'll die scared and full of regret.

I want to live my life with purpose. I want to find joy in daily life. I want to stop living in fear that maybe today will be my last (isn't that crazy?). I want to enjoy the journey of this life, one day at a time. While I am sure that in someways this blog will have the same flavor and spirit of the last, I am excited to begin a new book.

Welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm your first follower :) LOL, it's the little things that give me a thrill.

    So looking forward to this next part of your journey. I love how real you are, here and in real life, and I've loved that this vehicle allows me to still experience and enjoy that real-ness.

    Keep writing, girl. I'm one of your biggest cheerleaders and I'm looking forward to what you got all stored up in that pretty head and heart of yours!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both GReader and Blogroll have been updated. Love the look and feel of this blog and am looking forward to reading. :)

    ReplyDelete